Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving prep

We are also getting ready for Thanksgiving here in Boston. We'll be having some friends over to our apartment. Its potluck style, and I'll be preparing stuffing with raisins and walnuts (made from bread, not a package!), a cranberry salad (I'm thinking with orange and ginger?) and I've preordered a pecan pie from our local community kitchen as part of the Pie in the Sky fundraiser.

I decided to give the bird a break and not cook a turkey. Instead we will be preparing a Thanksgiving crockpot Haggis! (In memory of several Thanksgivings we spent in Scotland) I'm psyched to use the crockpot and keep the temperature in the oven and my kitchen down as well as my own slight paranoia about whether the turkey is cooked all the way through.

I found the recipe for CrockPot Haggis here. (This lady cooked one meal in her crock pot everyday for a year!) Cloves, nutmeg, oats and lamb, no sheep's stomach necessary. How could you go wrong! Unless no one eats it. I'll let you know ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm anxious to hear about and see photos of the haggis! Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete