Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Review

I already typed at length about my compound butter, but in case you were curious... it was delicious there was none left over by the end of the day.  My other contribution to a Thanksgiving meal made with friends was a large bowl of roasted sweet potatoes.  No marshmallows, nothing fancy.  I am a fan of simple roasted veggies with thoughtful seasoning.  Here is my "recipe".  I encourage you to adapt to your heart's content.

Roasted Sweet Potatoes
preheat oven to 450 degrees.
wash and cube sweet potatoes, as many as you need! I made A LOT!  (7 large potatoes?)
place on large baking sheet.
drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
add desired seasoning...  such as:
cumin, coriander and cinnamon
Roast for 30-40 minutes.  stirring occasionally. 
Serve hot, room temperature or cold, alone or in another dish such as quinoa.....


before...


after!



My Husband is the baker in our house... and he made delicious  Parker House Rolls.  I think we came home with two left over.  They went very well with the garlic compound butter. 


A good and delicious time was had by all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment