Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekly Menu: April 15-21

I'm a bit behind on my regularly scheduled grocery list compiling and shopping.  Sunday the power was out all day due to a huge rain/wind storm.  Trees and power lines were down all over my neighborhood.  I just made my list and hope to get to the store tonight or tomorrow between classes.

Believe it or not, it's a busy week again in Des Moines.  I have three weeks left in my school semester, Ryan has a log going on this week and I'm working with my family to prepare for Grandma's 90th birthday party on Saturday.   This has forced me not only to plan dinners for the week but to plan which days these easy dinners will be made...

I just made the curried chickpea salad from Mark Bittman to eat for dinner tonight. UPDATE! I just ate it  and it was great!  Easy to make too.  I can envision many variations on this salad (tuna salad anyone?) as the coconut milk is a substitute for the oft used mayo that is found in many salads...




Tuesdsay: Leftover kale pesto with pasta.  I think I'll add tomatoes this time...

Wednesday: crock pot pork stew peperonata from Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker. This was a wedding present but I haven't ever made a recipe from it... her goes! 

Thursday: black bean burritos with brown rice and cheese

Friday: leftovers or frozen pizza

Have a great week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment